Saturday 14 April 2012

The Choice: Mind or Body

The truth is, deep in a secret, shameful part of me, I want to hit the gym for three hours a day and work out until exhausted. Then I want to hit the dojo, and train until I collapse. I want to spar with guys who are literally twice my size and kick their asses, because it's been a far too long-- and is there any better thrill? Then I want to participate in fitness competitions with an oiled-up six pack and thighs that feel like steel. I also want to get a motorcycle license and take the classes, and have an excuse to wear leather pants and be the baddest chick you know.

But I don't have the time to do that AND write. All I can afford are my 200 sit-ups a day and *mumblemumble* push-ups. =( I can't compromise my writing goals in order to increase my fitness levels; especially when I am naturally pretty fit and healthy, and don't have any major concerns.

I am probably more fit right now than I have been in my entire life-- I ate rather poorly as a kid because my mom's cooking was horrible. =) I was pretty skinny, and I would get the flu 2-3 times a year, and it would last a month or more. At the moment, I weigh 120 lbs, while I weighed 100-110 in high school, and I haven't had the flu in over a year. This probably has a great deal to do with no longer having stress from rigid hours at school and work, and being able to make my own schedule. 



I still have fitness goals, but they will have to be pushed aside for the moment. I hope I'll get a chance to pursue them next year, when I will have some time to do something other than pound away at the keyboard.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I have very fit fingers from pounding away from the keyboard but need to work everything else out more. Thanks for the inspiring post. 200 situps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm glad you can relate! The sit-ups are just a desperate attempt not to let myself go. =)

    ReplyDelete